Courses offered at Regional Maritime University are what we are going to consider in this guide.
The Regional Maritime University (RMU) is an international academic institution in Accra, Ghana. On the 25th of October, 2007, she was officially recognized as a full university by His Excellency, John Agyekum Kuffour, President of the Republic of Ghana.
The RMU is housed in the former Ghana Nautical College, which was founded in 1958 to train officers for the State Shipping Corporation (Black Star Line).
Read also: Courses Offered At National Film And Television Institute
The Government of Ghana passed the Regional Maritime Law 1982 on October 1, 1982, which was followed by the signing of the instrument of transfer, which handed over the College to the then Ministerial Conference of West and Central African States on Maritime Transport (MINCONMAR), now known as the Maritime Organization of West and Central Africa (MOWCA), which negotiated its regionalization.
PROGRAMMES AND COURSES OFFERED AT REGIONAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY
- DIPLOMA IN BANKING TECHNOLOGY AND ACCOUNTING.
- DIPLOMA IN COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING
2 YEAR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES (FOR SCIENCE / TECHNICAL STUDENTS)
- Diploma in marine engineering
- Diploma in nautical science
- Diploma in electrical & electronics engineering
2-YEAR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES (BUSINESS/ SCIENCE/ GENERAL ARTS/ TECHNICAL STUDENTS AND OTHERS)
- Diploma in port & shipping management (regular/weekend)
- Diploma in information technology (regular/weekend)
PROFESSIONAL & VOCATIONAL PROGRAMMES OFFERED AT REGIONAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY
Below are the professional and vocational programmes and courses offered at the regional maritime university.
PRE-SEA VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMMES AND COURSES OFFERED AT REGIONAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY
Find below all the pre-sea vocational training programmes and courses offered at regional maritime university
- Programmable logic controller training – basic level
- Basic welding and metal fabrication course
- Welding & fabrication level one (six weeks)
- Welding & fabrication level two (seven weeks)
- Pipe welding (six weeks)
- Machine shop practice (lathe work and drilling operations)
- Refrigeration and airconditioning mechanic (15 weeks)
- Autocad basic/intermediate duration: (five days)
- Autocad advanced duration: three days)
- Autocad plant 3d duration: five (5) days
- Autodesk advance steel duration: four (4) days
SHORT COURSES OFFERED AT REGIONAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY
These are short courses offered at regional maritime university for its student
- Maxsurf I (basic)
- Maxsurf ii (intermediate)
- Ship design
- Piping & instrumentation diagrams
Above are all the courses and programmes offered at regional maritime university.